Desktop Support Technician
Charlotte, NC | Direct Hire
TRC has an immediate need for a Desktop Support Technician to support our client located in Charlotte, NC. This is a full-time direct hire position.
Candidate will be responsible for supporting end-user I.T. Desktops, notebooks, VoIP phones, handheld smart devices, printers and other hardware, operating systems and associated software. Candidate will be the primary help desk technician with the ability to troubleshoot issues throughout the company as well as maintain regularly scheduled maintenance cycles on end-user I.T. Hardware and software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Respond to, troubleshoot, repair and document resolution of all end-user I.T. Hardware, operating system and software issues
• Conduct responsibilities and duties with a high level of customer service
• Determine root cause of end-user I.T. Hardware and software issues
• Efficient deployment of end-user I.T. Hardware and software to individuals or large groups of individuals in local and remote offices
• Evaluate end-user I.T. Hardware and software to determine its effectiveness for end-users
• Regularly track, recommend and perform end-user hardware and software upgrades
• Regularly track, maintain and perform patching on end-user devices as necessary
• Work with 3rd party support technicians to efficiently achieve end-user issue resolutions
• Effectively troubleshoot end-user I.T. Hardware and software issues in an individual setting
• Contribute resolutions, answers and ideas to larger group of technicians.
• Support remote locations through company WAN and on-site visits.
• Perform basic server level functions such as new user creation and folder and file permission settings
• Create and maintain documentation
• Maintain asset information in a provided asset database
• Participate in after-hours 24x7 on-call rotation for multiple locations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
5+ years experience working with and troubleshooting the following technologies:
• Microsoft Windows Desktop operating systems and associated software (Industry certifications preferred: MCP, MCSE, etc.) in an environment with 100+ systems.
• Microsoft Office 2010 and newer including, but not limited to Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio (Industry certifications preferred: MCP, MCSE, etc.)
• Adobe Products including, but not limited to Reader, Illustrator, Photoshop
• PC hardware repair and upgrades including, but not limited to SATA and IDE hard drives, RAM, Intel and AMD CPUs, CD and DVD drives, keyboards, monitors, mice and other peripherals on desktop and notebook computers (Industry certifications preferred: A+, etc.)
• Experience with Apple hardware, operating system and software preferred
• Network printers, scanners and copiers
• Trend Micro Office Scan Anti-virus
• Apple iPhones and iPad hardware, operating system and device and desktop software
• MobileIron MDM deployment and on-going management
Please submit your resume to ben.Sheffield@trcstaffing.Com