Black Creek, GA 31308
Cost Accountant II
Type: Direct Hire
Location: Savannah, GA
TRC’ s client has an immediate need for a level 2 Cost Accountant to join their rapidly growing company. This individual will have the chance to work in a family owned 300, 000 Sq Ft manufacturing environment. You often may run into the owner lending a hand and always knowing everyone’ s name on your day to day routine. This lucky individual will work with multiple teams out of the 215 employees including, design and sales! This client is a leading competitor in the defense systems and is a proud U.S made product. If you are hardworking and seeking an environment where your voice is heard and welcomed, then submit resumes to Abigail.Peterson@trcstaffing.Com
The Day to Day:
- Construct and monitor cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
- Runs inventory costing utilities and issues inventory balance report daily
- Safeguards ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities.
- Evaluates weekly reports to identify potential inventory issues with work in process and finished goods
- Records inventory adjustments for scrap, loss, and shrinkage as incurred
- Attends weekly meeting with Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, and Procurement to discuss upcoming projects and new parts=
- Maintains new parts tracking spreadsheet and creates new parts and engineering masters in ERP system for review and approval by Director of Planning and Inventory Control (Client uses SAP)
- Upholds sales price guide spreadsheet and updates price levels in ERP system as requested
- Special projects as assigned by Director of Planning and Inventory Control or other members of management.
- Performs monthly cycle count and year-end inventory count with external auditors; investigates cycle count variances and resolves issues; issues monthly cycle count reports to Senior Management for review and analysis; leads monthly cycle count review meeting with staff;
- Prepares inventory adjustments report at month end for review and analysis by Senior Management
- Maintains accounting files per retention policy.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting (MUST HAVE!)
- Experience Required – A Minimum of 2 years in field (MUST HAVE!)
- Teamwork and the ability to cooperate and work proactively with others is a must- Will work across teams-Provide examples!
- Must be able to manage time efficiently.
- Excellent credit history (Will be Checked)
- Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting and bending throughout the work day.
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment, to include working in and around machinery, exposure to noise and chemicals, lights/lasers, etc.
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protection Equipment as required by your position and/or Company policy.
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’ s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.Trcprofessionalsolutions.Com/