Jr. Controls Engineer
Franklin, GA | Direct Hire
Our Tier 1 Automotive Supplier customer is currently looking to hire a Jr. Controls Engineer to join their growing team in Franklin, GA on a long-term, permanent basis.
JR. CONTROLS ENGINEER
• Performs and assists in the molding of sample parts, material, and new tool tryouts.
• Assists molding personnel in maintaining efficient processes through documentation and technical assistance.
• Assumes the primary role in developing departmental systems, procedures and policies.
• Assumes the primary role in selection, training development and supervision of staff.
• Prepares departmental reports as required by the Plant Manager.
• Coordinates and monitors departmental budgets to meet plant objectives.
• Monitors performance using the approved measurables.
• Works with raw material suppliers on development/improvement of plastic resins.
• Attends Advance Project Quality Planning meetings.
• Supports and or leads continuous improvement teams.
• Research, develops and implements improvements in the Molding facility.
• Quotes all plastic components for new and or existing programs.
• Consults and assists with any tooling maintenance and repair on improvements to new or existing molds.
• Assists with facility planning and equipment purchases, including tooling.
• Supports other departments and functions as required.
• Develops and implements cost and scrap reduction activities.
• Consults with Manufacturing Manager on any molding or tooling concerns.
• Responsible for improving plant safety performance and key indicators. Strives to eliminate workplace hazards, reduce ergonomic concerns, and works with department managers to improve the overall safety of the plant
• Monitors key indicators, develop action plans to correct unfavorable metrics and report out on progress during management review.
• Shall adhere to all safety, health and environmental procedures, policies and practices such as; utilizing personal protective equipment and proper attire in keeping with safety standards.
• Comply with all ISO/TS 16949 & ISO-14001 procedures and work instructions related to your job description.
• Performs all other functions as required
• BS or MS Degree in Industrial Engineering/Operations Manufacturing preferred
• PLC and HMI experience with Allen Bradley or Siemens required
• Experience in all facets of injection molding (preferred)
• 3-5 years of supervisory/project management experience from a manufacturing environment
• Manufacturing knowledge of equipment, tooling processes and quality requirements
• Ability to read and interpret documents, such as; safety rules, policies and procedure manuals and operating instructions.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical functions, such as; addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Ability to perform statistical analysis– analytically and mathematically.
• Basic computer skills, including P.C. Knowledge and current technology software familiarity.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.