Controls Engineer II
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Controls Engineer II
Type: Direct Hire
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
TRC’s client who is a leader in the thermal products industry has an immediate need for a Controls Engineer II to join their team! With over 45 years of serving our client has adapted and invested in technology to stay innovative and enable digital workplaces. They have a long history of being environmentally friendly, investing in the community, and have had continuous growth (over 105,000 employees). They consistently are investing in R&D, manufacturing, and their employees! They strive to always exceed the customers’ expectations with their product as well as customer service. In this vital role as a Controls Engineer II, the candidate will be responsible for designing, programming and installing robotic systems and the associated interfacing with other factory control systems including PLCs (programmable logic controller) and HMI (human-machine interface) / SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) software. With a variety of trainings on the new technology our client can offer you a lifetime career that will always keep you learning and growing. If you are ready to start impacting instead of maintaining, please submit resumes to
The Day to Day:
- Make system device lists or event timing charts
- Examine mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems
- Design end-of-arm tooling
- Analyze & evaluate robotic systems or prototypes
- Install, calibrate, operate, or maintain robotics
- Integrate robotics with peripherals, such as welders, controllers, or other equipment
- Offer technical support for robotic systems
- Design PLC/HMI/Robotics/Vision system (programming & creation of technical documents such as user requirements, functional specifications, detailed design specifications)
- Create, write, and/or modify preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, start up, and other procedures as well as develop preventative maintenance schedules
- Responsible for complex technical projects from the concept and detail of the design through implementation and testing, ensuring the production operations are safe, stable, and efficient
- Prepare training materials and train production & maintenance personnel on usage & maintenance of new or modified equipment or processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechatronics or Robotics Engineering or other technical degree applicable to the position is required.
- 2-4 years’ engineering design experience in manufacturing/robotics required.
- Designing and programming PLC, HMI, and SCADA software required.
- Knowledge of robotics such as EPSON, Fanuc, Denso to determine robot sizing, torque/speed calculation, and specifying products for each application.
- Good project management skills with ability to create technical documentation.
- Ability to perform system design, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, and presentation skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel and other application software used in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Experience in Powder Filling, Plastics Molding & Assembly, Packaging, and Material Handling industries (BONUS!)
Send resume to Andy.Youmans@trcstaffing.com for consideration
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/