Kalamazoo, MI | sendouts
TRC Professional Solutions, on behalf of the Client, is hiring for a Controller for a great opportunity in the Greater Kalamazoo area. This Controller leads the financial function for the manufacturing site and actively participates in the operations side of the business as a member of the leadership team. The Controller will ensure accurate and timely financial and management reporting, design and maintain a strong internal control environment, provide thorough analysis of the financial implication of operating decisions and issues, and prepare and present clear explanations of variances and financial results.
Manage the site’ s financial staff, supervise the purchasing function, and partner with management to achieve the financial and operating objectives. Provide analytical support and lead/promote continuous improvement for all activities and processes of the site. Key financial processes include monthly close, P&L management, financial forecasts, and annual operating plans.
• Analysis of month end results: P&L and Balance Sheet including variance analysis
• Develop month end results package for the site to present to Senior Management
• Provide monthly financial forecasts and analysis
• Provide key decision support to management
• Coordinates the annual budget process; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data, with a complete understanding of all risks and opportunities
• Provide key decision support to management and support safety and operating initiatives
• Monitor and work with management on Continuous Improvement initiatives and validate savings
• Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’ s procedures and policies
• Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
• Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits (primarily inventory and fixed assets); provides information to internal & external auditors
• Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a Business related field required; CPA, CMA or MBA preferred.
• 7-10+ years in an Accounting/ Finance role; Manufacturing experience required
• Proven ability to drive P&L performance and autonomously lead the financial function for an operating site
• Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office Suite tools
• ERP systems experience required; SAP preferred
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to collaborate and communicate across all levels and functions of the organization
Please send resumes to Abigail.Peterson@trcstaffing.Com