Continuous Improvement Engineer
Grayling, MI | sendouts
TRC Professional Solutions seeks a candidate for a full time role with a new, state of the art manufacturer based in Grayling, MI.
• Lead scheduling if the greenfield construction process and work with the commissioning teams
• Work with Plant Engineer and Construction team to optimize final stages of construction and phase into commissioning.
• Help lead development of KPI and train staff in the use of KPI’ s to focus on continuous improvement as the business ramps up to full capacity, producing all products and confirms new equipment vendor performance guarantees.
• Assist O.E. Teams in development and preparation of documents.
• Lead training and instruction on the use of the process improvement tools.
• Monitor team progress regularly to ensure continuous improvement.
• Work closely with teams to help identify and use all available resources to resolve team issues.
• Assist O.E. Teams in the extraction and analysis of data.
• Work closely with O.E. Teams to ensure functional groups are collaborating.
• Provide coaching and guidance, through the operational excellence process.
• Provide support to keep teams on task and on time.
• Assist in removing road blocks throughout the process.
• Drive for standardization within manufacturing and cross-organizationally.
• Help teams identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written), while working with people at all levels of the organization.
• Assist teams in the documentation and reporting requirements of approved O.E. Projects.
• Provides guidance for product optimization through data analysis and process improvements.
• Work with teams and functional groups on in-house and organizational communications.
• Participate in daily operational meetings.
• Provide reports of overall continuous improvement activities including accomplishments, participation, projected activities, and anticipated needs.
• Coordinate with related departments and functions to assure appropriate information flow and understanding of overall process improvement direction.
• Insure successful communication of project results within the organization to show continuous improvement results.
• Work with plant functional areas in the development and maintaining of dashboards and other communication tools
• Participate in monthly operational excellence collaboration calls
• Train plant staff in continuous improvement techniques . (SPC, TQM, Six Sigma, etc)
• Associate or Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related Technical field or Science a must
• Must be an analytic and have strong computer software skills.
• Able to lead people in a variety of manufacturing activities
• Ability to undertake multiple projects and manage key business metrics
• Strong sense of accountability
• Action oriented
• Strong communication skills
• Data Driven
• Understanding of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, SPC
• Ability to perform duties with accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong Computer skills: Microsoft Word; Excel; PowerPoint; and database software
• Have a passion for improvement
• Challenge the status quo and support team innovation
Submit resume to heather.Moore@trcstaffing.Com