Civil Construction Inspection
Forest Park, GA | Contract
TRC Professional Services seeks a candidate for a long-term role with a leading utilities firm based in Atlanta. Position requires prior, related experience and ability to travel throughout the state of Georgia for work.
This position is responsible for inspecting and monitoring the work of contractors on various construction sites across the state of Georgia performing civil construction activities for Transmission Construction. These construction site types can include Site Preparation and Grading, Transmission Line Foundation Installation, Initial Clearing, & Storm water management and compliance. Candidate should be knowledgeable in concrete and soils testing, ASTM standards, as well as construction surveying. Certification in concrete and soil testing a plus. Candidate should be familiar with civil engineering design drawings in the areas of topographical, cut/fill, and storm drainage systems. Must ensure that work is in compliance with specifications and environmental regulations. This position is based in south Atlanta, but will involve considerable statewide travel and routine overnight stays throughout the state of Georgia.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills)
• High School Diploma / GED
• 2 year or higher degree in Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Management, or Business Management preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience directing and/or managing civil construction activities in medium to large projects.
• Proven Project Management Record.
• Proficient knowledge of Civil Construction methods and equipment, surveying and civil construction industry standards.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft and Apple software required.
• Planning and Project Management Skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Working knowledge of contract administration as it relates to monitoring civil contractor construction activities. Working knowledge of civil construction methods and standards as it relates to equipment, grading and excavation methods, structural concrete placement, and surveying.
• Working knowledge of contract administration as it relates to monitoring civil contractor construction activities.
• Must have knowledge of concrete and soils placement and testing and general knowledge of appropriate standards.
• Must be certified in National Pollutant Discharge Elimination Systems (N.P.D.E.S.) and have necessary skills to keep jobs in compliance.
• Working knowledge of contract administration.
• Must be highly motivated, a self-starter and work well under general supervision.
• Must have a proven ability to build relationships with internal and external customers.
• Exhibits: Total Commitment, Unquestionable Trust, and Superior Performance
Submit resume to heather.Moore@trcstaffing.Com