CMM Operator-3rd shift
PEACHTREE CITY, GA 30269 | Direct Hire
Our customer in the Peachtree City, GA area, a medical device manufacturer, is currently looking for two CMM Operators to join their team on a long term, direct hire basis.
• Perform inspection on parts for proper configuration using Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM). Overall, all responsibility for determining the configuration of manufactured parts meet the dimensional require as stated on drawings or models.
• Responsible for programming and operating the CMM and other measuring equipment.
• Interpret engineering drawing and specifications for writing CMM programs. Ensures accuracy of CMM programs to dimensioned tolerances.
• Thorough knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ANSI Y14.5.
• Develop, maintain and communicate reports from the lab to internal customers. 4)
• Serve as resident expert on all complex mechanical equipment.
• Experienced in operating, maintaining and programming Calypso CMM*s using PCDMIS software and/or CMM Manager (Metris Corp).
• Experience with Focus Scan and Optical Probe/Laser Scanner Head is a plus.
• Computer literacy (MS Office) is required as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Create, edit, and run CMM programs for the dimensional results.
• Proper start-up and shut down of all measuring equipment, ie, CMM, Micro-Vu Vision system.
• Coordinate the calibration of CMM and Micro-Vu vision system.
• Responsible for compiling data from GAGE R&R's and Capability studies.
• Consults with team member and managers on all technical issues.
• Notifies team members or managers of any defects, deviations or other safety issues.
• Responsible for updating any and all documentation related to customers specifications.
• Participate in all training activities.
• Should keep up with the latest technologies and advances in Quality.
• Communicate with customers on measurement techniques.
• Aide other QA personnel with investigations of Tooling Work Order Requests.
• Proper storing of all quality documents.
• Maintain good working and clean environment.
• Other duties as assigned by manager.
• Occasional travel to offshore locations may be required up to 25%.
• High School Diploma.
• Minimum of 5 yrs experience with PCDMIS (Programming, Operating and Editing of current programs).
• Medical Device experience preferred
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice
• Experience working in a fast paced operational environment with constant interaction with operators, technicians and equipment.
• Ability to read and interpret complex part prints, mainly plastic hard trim parts including door panel substrates.
• Able to read and understand Blueprints and CAD drawings.
• Able to support the Production with checking critical dimensions.
• Knowledge of hand held measuring devices etc. Calipers, Micrometers, Gage Blocks, Height Gauges.
• Able to finish all projects in a timely manner.
• Experience in problem solving and trouble shooting of processes and process equipment.
• Knowledgeable in GD&T.
• Good mechanical aptitude.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Experience working in Microsoft products. Excel, Word, Power Point.
• Required to speak, read and write English language.
• Knowledge of SPC.
• Able to work unsupervised.
• Quick Learner
• Good problem solver
Submit resume to email@example.com