Newnan, GA | Direct Hire
Our customer in the Newnan, GA area is currently looking for a Buyer to join their team on a long term direct hire basis.
Purchase parts that are specially designed, produced, or modified by suppliers in accordance with drawings and engineering specifications. Knowledge of various manufacturing processes and technologies. Intermediate knowledge of purchasing law, company policies, and basic familiarity with supply agreements. Demonstrated experience of negotiation techniques and analyzing supplier price proposals. Understanding of technical documents and standards, as well as, the ability to understand engineering drawing requirements.
• Receive and analyze engineering drawings
• Solicit quotations from qualified suppliers.
• Analyze bids/proposals/quotations from suppliers and establish contracts.
• Manage supplier relationships based on quality, delivery, and cost control performance
• Project management for the development of new products (supplier manufactured components) ensuring timely delivery of parts for prototype builds, PPAP, pilot production, and full production.
• Perform cost analysis and initiate value analysis and value engineering ideas
• Initiate and champion cost reduction activities
Education / Experience:
• 1-3 years of experience with Business Administration or Supply Chain Management degree.
• 5+ years of purchasing for a high production manufacturing operation without degree.
• Purchasing certification preferred.
• Cost/value analysis training is helpful
Please submit updates resumes to tyler.Daniel@trcstaffing.Com