ARCHDALE, NC 27263 | Direct Hire
TRC is conducting a search for a Buyer for a Growing Manufacturing client in Greensboro, NC. The Buyer I is the first line of communication between Procurement and other departments to insure on time delivery of PO’s expedite and resolve issues related to open purchase orders as well as supports Procurement with placing expense and direct shipment purchase orders.
• Initiates and participates in continuous improvement activities to improve service, quality, and efficiency.
• Demonstrates and promotes company values.
• Processes stocking purchase orders released to SAP - ERP system insuring suppliers meet or exceed the expected need by date.
• Daily review of Expedite requests and works with suppliers to expedite according to expediting guidelines.
• Daily review of late purchases orders and works with supplier to expedite according to purchase order contract.
• Generates, processes, and receives Drop Ship purchase orders.
• Generates, processes, and receives Expense purchase orders.
• Generates, processes, and expedites project purchase orders.
• Provides accurate information according to item rules to setup and amend item parameters in ERP system.
• Tracks and receives direct shipment purchase orders for timely invoicing of orders to customers.
• Research and reconcile Receiving issues.
• Research and reconcile Accounting issues.
• Processes product returns to suppliers.
• Organizes and files compliance information for Procurement.
• Must have an intense focus on service and be adaptable to a constantly changing work environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, work either independently or in a team environment and be detail-oriented.
• Ability to make decisions and follow guidelines.
• Must have a flexible work schedule daily to allow for communicating on international time zones and meeting work completion expectations.
• Experience working with an SAP ERP Systems.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills are desired.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with people of varying responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of Associate’s Degree is preferred with 3-5 years’ experience working within a purchasing department and communicating with suppliers.
• Equivalent education and experience will be considered.
• Experience in a global organization with multiple distribution channels.
• Supply Chain certification is preferred.
Send resume to email@example.com