Business Unit Leader/Anodizing
Franklin, GA | Direct Hire
Our customer in Franklin, GA, a tier one supplier, is currently seeking a Business Unit Leader (BU) on a long term direct hire basis. This BU Leader needs to have some experience with the Anodizing Process. The ideal candidate would have a true understanding of the production, safety and the environmental impacts of Anodizing.
The Business Unit Leader is responsible for leading a cross-functional team whose overall mission is to assure a safe work environment for their employees, meet customer quality expectations, on-time delivery to their customers and the implementation / proper operation of corporate and plant procedures into their business unit.
• Comply with all QMS / EMS procedures and work instructions as it pertains to the position description.
• Improve business unit performance in material management, scrap, labor, and operational spending to achieve facility’ s budget and meet operational expectations.
• Shall adhere to all safety, health and environmental procedures, policies and practices, and ensures that all equipment is in safe operating condition and meets or exceeds OSHA Standards.
• Responsible for the Environment, Health, and Safety of his/her employees, customers, suppliers, and other Company Products employees, both on the production floor and in the office space. Champions all HSE activities in his/her respective Business Unit and address any unsafe action by any employees.
• Hold a daily production review meeting with all direct reports (Material Planner (MP), Customer Service Coordinator (CSC), Manufacturing Engineer (ME), Quality Engineer (QE), etc.)to review any safety issues or concerns, customer quality concerns, delivery issues, and performance problems in their business unit.
• Responsible for directing all plant floor operations to achieves its goal of on-time and complete delivery of customer orders with product that meets all customer specifications.
• Providing daily direction & projects for BU team members utilizing the Company’ s Products Performance System (JPPS) and other Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement tools and methodology.
• Ensures that all direct reports have clearly established objectives and performance expectations to ensure that the Business Unit supports the plant goals
• Effectively leads appropriate resources during BU product launches; ensures ongoing communication with appropriate launch partners during, before, and after launch; understands JPDS and overall launch responsibility at the Business Unit level, which includes ownership for the completion of Business Unit team deliverables (Operator Certification & Training, Plant Readiness Review, 8 pack etc…). At program JPDS Gate reviews.
• Oversees the creation of a production schedule, production attainment, buffer requirements, and material planning to ensure achievement of on-time, complete delivery commitment.
• Ensures that work cells are set up properly and contains the required equipment and information that enables proper number of operators to produce products at the assigned run-rate and to the required specifications. This includes such items as Assembly Tools, Safety Devices, up-to-date Standard Work Instructions, Quality Alerts, Boundary Samples, etc.
• Ensures that all operators are properly trained and certified before producing products on a work cell. Ensures that versatility charts are visible and up-to-date for each work cell.
• Lead and manage engineering change implementation that relate to Business Unit customers and products.
• Follow Fast Response and Drill Down procedures to identify root cause, develop corrective actions, and assure timely response to resolving customer quality concerns and / or delivery issues.
• Guides and develops the cross-functional team to develop their expertise and capabilities to achieve their objectives through effective utilization of the Performance & Development Process (PDP).
• Maintain Business Unit JOS metrics on a monthly basis, including drill down charts by customer for PPM and Delivery.
• Coordinates and monitors Business Unit budget lines to meet financial objectives.
• Perform all other functions required by Plant Manager.
• Bachelor’ s Degree (or equivalent experience) preferably with focus in areas such as; Manufacturing Operations, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, Business Administration, or Finance
• Master’ s Degree, MBA, or the equivalent is preferred
• Ten (10) or more years of Operations Management and/or a key Supply Chain Functional Management in a complex manufacturing/final assembly environment.
• Several years of meaningful Tier 1 or 2 Automotive/OEM Part manufacturing experience
• Strong working knowledge of the following subject areas: Materials, Process Engineering, Quality systems, Production Supervision, and Health & Safety.
• Demonstrated metric-driven, successful performance of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost Management within a manufacturing business.
• Knowledge of injection molding and/or final and off-line assembly processes.
• Strong knowledge of OEM customer expectations, quality standards/systems, customer relationship management.
• Broad knowledge of production planning, material planning, inventory management, quality, and manufacturing systems.
• Working knowledge of business finance and the economic impact of operational business decisions.
• Effective interpersonal communication and relationship skills required to maintain a team-oriented working
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Concepts and Principles
• Problem Solving Capabilities – with ability to utilize problem solving tools.
• Strong formal written and verbal communication skills necessary for business presentations; both internal audiences and customers/suppliers.
• Highly organized; effective planner.
• High level of business ethics in all job responsibilities.
Submit resume to heather.Moore@trcstaffing.Com