FRANKLIN, GA 30217
Our tier 1 automotive supplier customer in LaGrange, GA, is looking to hire a Business Unit Leader (BU) on a perm basis. This candidate needs a true understanding of the production, safety and environmental impacts of the Anodizing process.
• Comply with all QMS / EMS procedures and work instructions as it pertains to the position description.
• Improve business unit performance in material management, scrap, labor, and operational spending to achieve facility’s budget and meet operational expectations.
• Shall adhere to all safety, health and environmental procedures, policies and practices, and ensures that all equipment is in safe operating condition and meets or exceeds OSHA Standards.
• Responsible for the Environment, Health, and Safety of his/her employees, customers, suppliers, and other Company Products employees, both on the production floor and in the office space. Champions all HSE activities in his/her respective Business Unit and address any unsafe action by any employees.
• Hold a daily production review meeting with all direct reports (Material Planner (MP), Customer Service Coordinator (CSC), Manufacturing Engineer (ME), Quality Engineer (QE), etc.)to review any safety issues or concerns, customer quality concerns, delivery issues, and performance problems in their BU.
• Responsible for directing all plant floor operations to achieves its goal of on-time and complete delivery of customer orders with product that meets all customer specifications.
• Providing daily direction & projects for BU team members utilizing the Company’s Products Performance System (JPPS) and other Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement tools and methodology.
• Ensures that all direct reports have clearly established objectives and performance expectations to ensure that the Business Unit supports the plant goals
• Effectively leads appropriate resources during BU product launches; ensures ongoing communication with appropriate launch partners during, before, and after launch; understands JPDS and overall launch responsibility at the BU level, which includes ownership for the completion of BU team deliverables (Operator Certification & Training, Plant Readiness Review, 8 pack etc.) at program JPDS Gate reviews.
• Oversees the creation of a production schedule, production attainment, buffer requirements, and material planning to ensure achievement of on-time, complete delivery commitment.
• Ensures that work cells are set up properly and contains the required equipment and information that enables proper number of operators to produce products at the assigned run-rate and to the required specifications. This includes such items as Assembly Tools, Safety Devices, up-to-date Standard Work Instructions, Quality Alerts, Boundary Samples, etc.
• Ensures that all operators are properly trained and certified before producing products on a work cell. Ensures that versatility charts are visible and up-to-date for each work cell.
• Lead and manage engineering change implementation that relate to Business Unit customers and products.
• Follow Fast Response and Drill Down procedures to identify root cause, develop corrective actions, and assure timely response to resolving customer quality concerns and / or delivery issues.
• Guides and develops the cross-functional team to develop their expertise and capabilities to achieve their objectives through effective utilization of the Performance & Development Process (PDP).
• Maintain BU JOS metrics on a monthly basis, including drill down charts by customer for PPM & Delivery.
• Coordinates and monitors Business Unit budget lines to meet financial objectives.
• Perform all other functions required by Plant Manager.
• Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) preferably with focus in areas such as; Manufacturing Operations, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, Business Administration, or Finance; Master’s Degree, MBA, or the equivalent is preferred
• Ten (10) or more years of Operations Management and/or a key Supply Chain Functional Management in a complex manufacturing/final assembly environment.
• Several years of meaningful Tier 1 or 2 Automotive/OEM Part manufacturing experience
• Strong working knowledge of : Materials, Process Engineering, Quality systems, Production Supervision, and Health & Safety.
• Demonstrated metric-driven, successful performance of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost Management within a manufacturing business
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO: