Associate Product Manager
ATLANTA, GA 30336
Our customer, located in the Fulton Industrial area of Atlanta, GA, is currently looking to hire an Associate Product Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
ASSOCIATE PRODUCT MANAGER
The Associate Product Manager is responsible for maintaining the lifecycle of specific product lines and implementing new products from concept through development. This position will manage a product strategy that reflects the company’s vision as a technology leader in compressed air and ensure sustainable growth.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Facilitate brainstorming for new product ideas as part of the new product innovation process.
• Develop a business case for new products which includes: detailed market research, competitive feature and benefit analysis, new product requirements and competitive advantages, sales targets and forecasting, and a launch plan.
• Work with Engineering through design, development, and product validation to verify product expectation.
• Create and maintain product sales support material, technical literature, sales presentations, and product videos.
• Regularly perform pricing, competitive analysis, and recommend strategies to improve market position and promote products.
• Work with Sales Managers and distributors on new and existing products.
• Provide Sales Managers with product support information including specialized products to generate new sales opportunities daily.
• Oversee the continuous improvement and cost reduction of products with Quality Management and Technical Service.
• Manage new product innovation projects: track projects through the stage-gate process and coordinate team meetings, gate reviews, and approvals. Help identify and eliminate project roadblocks, and keep meeting minuets with actionable items for persons responsible.
• Maintain a company project overview to help establish priority projects, and resourcing conflicts.
Perform other product / project management tasks as assigned and trained.
• 2-5 years of product management experience
• Background in the compressed air industry or industrial equipment a plus
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred
• Excellent analytical and technical skills a plus
• Ability to work with others: great written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Travel - The position requires travel (not more than 10%) and will work from the company headquarters in Atlanta
Please submit your resume for consideration to: