Morrisville, NC | Direct Hire
Our customer in the Morrisville, NC area is looking for an Applications Engineer to join their team on a long term direct hire basis.
• Develop and prepare customer quotes for specialty components including but not limited to:
- Review customer requests for quotes
- Review customer specifications and/ or review customer parts
- Interpret drawings and other customer documents
- Develop customer design specifications
- Coordinate development of design specifications with customer
- Coordinate development of design drawings with customer and our Design Engineering team
- Follow-up on prototype product design and application issues with customer, making required changes to final design to meet customer requirements and quality standards
- Preparing and delivering quotes and sales orders to customer
• Develop a design and production schedule that meets both the customer and our business requirements, coordinating design, production and delivery with appropriate teams and facilities
• Provide technical service and training presentations to customers and representatives relating to our company’ s component’ s use, operation and maintenance
• Provide customer support by phone and on the customer site.
• May enter customer quotes and sales orders into AS400 system, tracking the order process and follow up through delivery of the product
• Perform duties of the Technical Specialist and Customer Service Representative (CSR) when necessary to meet business and customer needs.
• Work with all product teams
• Interact with customers every day
• Assists the Sales Department with trade shows.
• Participate in special projects when requested.
• Travel up to 20%
• Industrial or Mechanical Engineering degree. Bachelor’ s or 2 year degree with experience; or technology discipline or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
• Component or fixture building experience/background is a must
• Manufacturing floor experience, hands-on experience in manufacturing environment needed
• Industrial or mechanical engineering background highly preferred
• Use initiative to provide customer service assistance.
• Exceptional organization skills.
• People Skills
• Advanced Technical Skills
• Ability to recognize and analyze problems, develop, implement and carryout solutions.
• Ability to function effectively in a fast paced team environment.
• Ability to work effectively in a small team environment with the Management, Technical Specialist, other Applications Engineers, CSR and inside and outside sales staff
• Ability to use initiative to identify and solve customer and product delivery problems.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects coordinating priorities with team members.
• Ability to quickly understand the component manufacturing and sales industry and our business’ s product lines