Tallapoosa, GA | Contract
In conjunction with TRC Staffing, our direct client is currently looking for an Applications Developer contract employee to join their team on a long term contract basis.
The ideal Applications Developer candidate will have a bachelor’ s degree and two years of experience. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
The Applications Developer contractor will be working for the Information Services department in the application development and services area. This group provides application development and support for the facility. The applications will be commonly referred to as line control applications and provide the following functionality: production scheduling, product traceability, quality control, inventory control, shipping, and reporting.
· Most of the applications are written in either Visual Basic.Net or C#.Net.
· There are a few written in Visual Basic 6.
· The majority of the applications are windows forms based.
· There are mixtures of web based applications and web services as well as windows services.
· SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) along with some legacy DTS packages are used for ETL processing and interfacing to third party systems.
· SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and ASP.Net web pages are used for application reporting.
The contractor shall provide operational support for these applications as needed. There will also be requests made to modify or to add functionality to these existing applications or to create new applications. These requests, once approved, are turned into projects. The contractor will lead such projects through the system development life cycle and provide status reports on the progress to management.
· The contractor will meet or exceed the following job qualifications:
· 2+ years of experience developing in VB.Net or C#.Net and ADO.Net. Must be able to read VB and C#.
· 2+ years of experience working with T-SQL and Microsoft SQL Server databases. Must be able to write efficient and effective queries and have a good understanding of relational databases and database objects.
· 1+ year(s) experience with SQL DTS or SSIS
· 1+ year(s) experience with SQL Reporting Services (SSRS)