Conyers, GA | Direct Hire
Our customer in Covington, GA is seeking an Accounting Manager to join their team.
• Assisting with duties as assigned by the Corporate Controller.
• Directly supervises 5 employees.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Responsible for the monthly general ledger close, the preparation of financial reports (as assigned by the Corporate
Controller) and account reconciliations.
• Maintaining the general ledger records in accurate condition and in accordance with GAAP regulations.
• Maintaining the accounting records for the general ledger account system.
• Providing complete account analysis and transaction research upon request by the Corporate Controller
• Assisting in the year-end audit process through the preparation of audit schedules, account analysis and providing explanations to auditor requests.
• Compile composite reports from individual reports of subordinates required by management or government agencies.
• Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of department.
• Provides financial analysis and support to the Operations Team.
• Manage day to day accounting operations and ensure there is a process in place for every critical operation.
• Determines work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedites workflow.
• Must have working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, Budgeting, Financial Reporting and general ledger software, AS400, Oracle R12, Sage Fixed Assets
• 10+ years progressive accounting experience
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting required
• CPA certification preferred