Accounting Coordinator, Financial Reporting
Plantation, FL 33322 | Temporary
TRC Professional Solutions, on behalf of the Client, is hiring for an Accounting Coordinator – Financial Reporting, for a 6 month extendable contract in the greater Ft Lauderdale area in Florida.
As the Accounting Coordinator, Financial Reporting, this position will be tasked primarily with various accounting functions in support of the accounting and financial management of the Company. The position will require preparing general ledger account reconciliations, journal entries and financial analyses working within the financial reporting and accounting teams as well as the teams in the other countries.
- Prepare weekly bank reconciliations and park weekly cash entries in SAP.
- Work with Treasury to ensure cash balance in SAP = bank balance by WD2.
- Roll-forward international workbooks monthly, prepare all journal entries: accruals including employee-related (vacation, bonus, salaries and taxes), prepaid amortizations, cash, deferred rent amortization and cost plus entry.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations timely and accurately.
- Work with tax department to ensure foreign tax accruals are correct.
- Intercompany accounts: monitor items to ensure appropriateness, balance accounts between entities, process quarterly settlements and clear amounts in SAP.
- Analyze foreign entities balance sheet and income statement for accuracy and explain variances.
- Coordinate AP process from purchase order to invoice to payment proposal and payment, including entering vendor invoices into SAP and preparing supporting documentation.
- Assist in coordinating audit of foreign subsidiaries including preparation of necessary schedules and obtaining signatures.
- Assist with setting up new companies other countries.
- Assist with governmental non-tax filings (census forms).
- Assist with other projects, company initiatives as necessary.
- Experience with using general ledger and accounts payable modules in an ERP system (SAP preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience using BlackLine account reconciliation software a plus
- At least two years’ accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university.