AGV-Automated Guided Vehicles Engineer
Suwanee, GA | Direct Hire
Our customer in the Suwanee, GA area is currently seeking an Automation Engineer (AGV) to join their team on a long term direct hire basis.
• You will have the critically important role of developing and implementing the new technology of Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) and being the technical resource to operations.
• Implement and sustain an AGV systems, eliminating the time that employees spend driving fork trucks, replenishing product and engaging in repeatable material deliveries.
• Designs, installs, and troubleshoots automation solutions to optimize the throughput, quality, and reliability of our process.
• Ensuring the plant’ s control systems are operating reliably, efficiently, and in compliance with all safety regulations.
• Creating and improving programs to manage the integrity and functionality of process control equipment such as design, programing, modifying and maintaining PLC and HMI systems.
• Developing and applying strategies to optimize on-going operations.
• Manage implementation of upgrades and new technology, including documentation.
• Acting as a technical resource to operations.
• Support engineering team in programming, troubleshooting, machine design improvement and automation training.
• Coach, teach and develop internal engineering talent.
Education and Experience:
• At least associates degree or equivalent in electrical, industrial or mechanical technology or mechatronics.
• 2+ years experience in AGV technology.
• Skilled in Engineering science: Logic and Programming.
• Experience with manufacturing process engineering, mechanical design and automated systems.
• Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and plant layouts.
Submit resume to heather.Moore@trcstaffing.Com