2nd Shift Supervisor
COLUMBIA, SC 29210
2nd Shift Supervisor
The 2nd Shift Supervisor has full operational responsibility for the manufacturing processes. Operational responsibilities include safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and the direct leadership of production personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned:
• Adhere to all Safety Principles.
• Adhere to all Quality System Standards.
• Proactively promote safety and safe working requirements in all areas of responsibility.
• Evaluate associate performance, discipline within approved guidelines, participate in training and developing of associates and recommend promotions, terminations and wage adjustments.
• Maintain and enforce company rules and procedures to ensure consistency and compliance throughout the company.
• Maintain excellent communication lines within all levels of the company. Hold team meetings, as appropriate, to ensure understanding of current critical issues from all perspectives.
• Responsible for ensuring quality and have the authority to halt production to correct quality concerns.
• Ensure that every associate understands productivity metrics and the impact each associate has on the results.
• Develop and oversee compliance with operating strategies to achieve defined productivity, quality, and operating cost goals.
• Request and direct resources necessary to accomplish group goals and objectives.
• Document all disruptions to production and facilitate corrective actions and preventative actions utilizing the appropriate support services personnel.
• Assist in on-the-job training of other employees.
• Participate in Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery improvements.
• Ability to provide leadership to support and coordinate efforts that ensure our company achieves goals and objectives that are consistent with the company values and mission.
• Ability to manage and organize the workflow of manufacturing processes.
• Ability to communicate effectively with executive management and work group.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Proficiency in CNC machining and set-up.
• Ability to create and modify G & M code programing for CNC Machines.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience