Senior Java Engineer
Seattle, WA | Contract
Currently seeking a Senior Level Engineer to fill a full time contract position with a company in Seattle, WA. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’ s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field with C++ (Programming/Scripting Languages), Linux Clusters (Open Source) and Java/J2EE skills.
Responsibilities of the Senior Engineer
• Manage technology in projects and provide technical guidance or solutions for work completion.
• Develop and guide the team members in enhancing their technical capabilities and increasing productivity.
• Provide technical guidance or solutions.
• Prepare and submit status reports for minimizing exposure and risks on the project or closure of escalations.
• Ensure process compliance in the assigned module and participate in technical discussions/review.
• Document requirements and processes as needed.
• Ensure all work and changes performed are within data warehouse standards and guidelines.
• Mentor and train less experienced engineers.
Requirements of the Senior Engineer
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
• C++ (Programming/Scripting Languages), Linux Clusters (Open Source) and Java/J2EE skills
• Professional experience in Computer Systems/Engineering
• Adept at understanding Network, Hardware and Security models
• Professional experience identifying and executing accessible H/W and Network platforms