We are seeking a Sales Engineer to join our customer on a direct hire basis. The sales engineer handles internal and external customer inquiries and needs. They are responsible for the preparation of all documents necessary to quote proposals and are expected to take leadership role in developing costs and writing proposals that provide solutions to customer problems. The sales application engineer will be creating and organizing documents, scheduling meetings, and coordinating internal and external activities to assure that each proposal is accurate, competitive and completed on time. The position will be responsible for supporting value propositions, supporting technical solution development for potential clients, and resolving process related problems.
Manage all phases of proposal preparation including:
- Review customer specifications and distribute copies to appropriate people for additional input or review.
- Applies product knowledge to develop solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Determine as necessary equipment selection and layout.
- Prepares information that describe the scope of the proposal and reviews scope with all parties to assure they have a clear understanding of the project and what deliverables are required
- Develops project cost data.
- Responsible for scheduling specification review meeting, proposal preparation, resolving scope questions, estimate preparation and obtaining quotations from vendors as part of cost development.
- Responsible for producing proposals that describe accurately the scope of work and contain sufficient detail and description so that it is understood by the Customer.
- Responsible for ensuring the commercial aspects of the proposal are accurate and within corporate guidelines.
- Make site visits and inspections as required.
- Participate in and contribute to proposal presentations.
- Maintain accurate, organized proposal files.
- Provides as sold documents to the Project Manager and attends contract kickoff meeting
- 2-5 years experience in industries such as Power Plant and/or Pulp and Paper Mill experience
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Experience with power and recovery boilers
- Experience with working with cross functional teams
- Experience in leading solutions with industrial projects
- Experience with valve, instrumentation and P&ID design is a plus
- Controls and automation exposure is a plus
- Proficiency with technical report generation and presenting to different audiences
- Estimated travel 10 to 20%, often on short notice.
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/
Submit resume to email@example.com